Robert D. Klausner
Mr. Klausner is the principal in the law firm of Klausner, Kaufman, Jensen & Levinson. For 44 years, he has been engaged in the practice of law, specializing in the representation of public employee pension funds. The firm represents state and local retirement systems in more than 25 states and territories, and is listed in the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms. Mr. Klausner has assisted in the drafting of many state and local laws on public employee retirement throughout the United States. Mr. Klausner is a frequent speaker on pension education programs and has also published numerous articles on fiduciary obligations of public employee pension trustees. He is co-author of the book State and Local Government Employment Liability, published by Thomson-Reuters West Publishers and is the author of the first comprehensive book on the law of public employee retirement systems, State and Local Government Retirement Law: A Guide for Lawyers, Trustees, and Plan Administrators, originally published in April 2009, and an expanded version published annually. Mr. Klausner graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Arts and from the University Florida College of Law with the degree of Juris Doctor. Since 1995, Mr. Klausner has been listed in the publication The Best Lawyers in America and holds an “AV pre-eminent” rating, the highest rating for competence and ethics, from Martindale Hubbell national lawyer rating service. In 2008, Mr. Klausner successfully represented the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the Kentucky Retirement Systems in the United States Supreme Court in Kentucky Retirement Systems v. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 128 S. Ct. 2361 (2008). Mr. Klausner lives in Cooper City, Florida with his wife of 45 years, Kathy. They have four daughters, 4 sons-in law, and 7 beautiful grandchildren.
- For more than 25 years, Mr. Klausner has been listed in the publication The Best Lawyers in America
- Holds an “AV pre-eminent” rating, the highest rating for competence and ethics, from Martindale Hubbell national lawyer rating service.
- President and Trustee, Temple Beth Emet
- Trustee, Jewish Community Center
- University of Florida, B.A., Political Science, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi, Florida Blue Key
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D.
- Florida, 1977
- Texas, 2019
- Wisconsin, 2021
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court